Join the NTECC Team!
The North Texas Emergency Communications Center (NTECC) is a technologically advanced center offering exciting career opportunities in emergency dispatch. At the NTECC, the 9-1-1 emergency dispatcher is prioritized. Whether you have the drive to become a certified training officer, supervisor, manager or work in administration, the NTECC provides those avenues.
As an Emergency Communications Specialist (ECS), you are not required to already know how to handle emergency phone calls. The NTECC Support Services Division leads in-classroom training to show you how to assist people in a variety of circumstances, provide life-saving instructions to callers, as well as coordinate police, fire, and EMS responses.
The starting salary for an ECS is $42,883.00 per year. Please see if you meet our minimum qualifications below, then proceed to review and begin the steps in our hiring process.
For more information about the selection and hiring process, you can contact us at 469-289-3200.
- Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience: One (1) year of related experience in a customer service environment.
- Must be as least 18 years of age.
- Must pass all applicable pre-employment screenings to include a drug screen.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, relay details accurately both verbally and in writing.
- Must read, write, and speak English.
- A valid Texas Driver’s License may be required or be able to obtain one within 90 days of employment.
Any work-related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Position requires successful completion of all required certifications within (1) year and continuous education training for current license(s). Certifications include Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) Public Safety Telecommunicator License; NCIC/TCIC full access, CPR, IAED Emergency Medical Dispatch and IAED Emergency Fire Dispatch.
- Depending on the needs of the NTECC, additional licenses and certifications may be required.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
The work behaviors (including duties, responsibilities, function, and tasks) of the position are listed in the above job description and below. All listed qualifications, skills, knowledge, and abilities are considered essential and required.
Work performed is primarily an office classification in a call center/dispatch environment, although standing in work areas and walking between work areas may be required. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone and radio. Positions in this classification occasionally (daily, weekly, or monthly) bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Employees may be required to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Employees work in an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and minimal direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. Employees may interact with upset staff and/or public and private representatives in interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
The position also requires meeting the essential requirements of the Physical Demands and Working Conditions, with or without reasonable accommodation. Work is performed in a fast paced, high volume call center environment; incumbents must remain alert and responsive while coordinating stressful situations in a fluid and dynamic work environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
NTECC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all persons without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or genetic information. NTECC provides reasonable accommodation to its employees and the public with disabilities, including veterans. For more information, please contact NTECC.
- Successful completion of Criti-call, a computerized skills assessment
- Data entry speed of at least 3,261 keystrokes per hour with overall Criti-call score of 74%
- Completion of Select Advantage testing and 1-hour observation
- Successful completion of an extensive background investigation including completion of a Personal History Statement
- Completion of background interview with Administrative Services Manager
- Successful completion of a panel interview with a favorable recommendation
- Successful completion of psychological testing with favorable recommendation
- Successful completion of a drug screen
- Copy of your Social Security card
- Original certified copy of your birth certificate (No photo copy)
- Copy of your valid Texas driver license or a copy of another State’s driver license
- Applicant must possess a valid Texas driver license prior to being offered employment.
- Copy of your High School diploma or GED certificate or an honorable discharge from the armed forces of the United States after at least twenty four months of active service
- Sealed original certified copy of your college transcript (No photo copy)
- Photocopy of your college diploma
- Copy of your DD-214, if applicable. Must possess an honorable discharge.
- Original certified copy of your Naturalization papers, if applicable (No photo copy)
- Copy of current proof of automobile liability insurance